Moving Water Canoeing
If you have ever wanted to paddle on a river, our Moving Water courses will give you the skills and confidence needed! A natural progression from Lake canoeing, this course opens up an entirely new set of locations to paddle. Whether you would like to come out to one of our Rivers Weeks or to just go paddling with some friends or with a local club, we would love to help you get there!
Rates & Information
Courses are two days long, 9:00am to 4:00pm (approximately). Location is dependent on water levels. Group rates are available.
Intro Moving Water Tandem and solo
Price per person:
Dependant on weather and water levels
Basic/ Intro Tandem or Solo Lake skills (certificate or personal confidence in your skills)
Group bookings and Private lessons available... contact us with your preferred dates!
People that take this course
- Want to learn to paddle on a river.
- Are going to paddle Bowron lakes and want to do the "Chute".
- Are looking for the natural progression from lake paddling.
- Want a little excitement!
Learn to paddle your canoe effectively and safely on a mild river (grade 1 to 1+)
- Eddy turns (safe section of the river, and how to get in and out of them)
- Ferrying (moving from one side of the river to the there)
- Running or paddling a river
- Utilize the river currents to move your canoe.
- Strokes: Review of lake strokes, river "J", stationary draws and pries.
- Rescues and throw bag usage.
- River paddles, river canoes, flotation equipment, river canoeing gear.
- Packing for a river trip.
- Trim and balance of a canoe.
- Map reading (how to anticipate what a river will be like from a map)
Paddle Canada Moving Water Canoe Skills Introduction Tandem
Paddle Canada Moving Water Canoe Skills Introduction Solo
Moving Water Maintenance Clinic
Moving Water Intro Tandem/ Solo Canoe Skills
Dates: March 10 2018
Pricing: $149. 95 plus tax per participant
This course is for you if you already have taken a Moving Water course and simply wish to refresh your skills! A great way to get out and practice in a fun, low pressure environment!
Talk to us about intermediate or solo levels of paddling!
604 477 4663
Moving Water Canoe Instructor Tandem/Solo
Moving Water Intermediate Tandem and Solo Canoe skills
With permission of instructor-trainer, based on proof of prior learning of equivalent skill and knowledge. It is up to the paddler to prove to the instructor by means of evidence, demonstration or assessment hat experience has led to learning. It cannot be assumed that experience has led to learning.
Minimum Age: 18
First Aid and CPR: 16 hours
Typical Course Length: 4 days minimum (instructor foundation work on "How to be an Instructor" is done at this level)
March 6-9 2018
Location: dependant on water level and weather.
Contact us for more information!
Office: 604 477 4663
Moving Water Basic Solo$375.95
Moving Water Basic Tandem$349.95