Wilderness Canoe Camping
Are you going on a trip soon and want to learn about camping, navigating, and cooking in the great outdoors in style? With this overnight session, you will learn all the great aspects that make day and overnight camping easy, accessible and incredibly fun!
Price per Person: $199.95 (meals included)
Group Rate (12+): $179.95
*Scouts and Guides discounts available.
- Contact us!
Groups only at this point
Making breakfast on a 5-day trip on the Fraser River.
Learn to camp with your canoe.
Basic or Intro Tandem or Solo Lake skills (certificate or personal confidence in your skills).
People that take this course
- Want go on an overnight or multi-day paddling trip
- Want to learn how to and what to cook while canoe camping
- Are looking for the natural progression day trips
- Want to know how to use a map and compass, start a fire and a variety of other key wilderness skills!
- Packing and loading gear
- Paddling a loaded canoe
- Paddling in mild wind and waves
- Outdoor kitchen set up and gear (we bring out a variety of stoves for you to try)
- Fire lighting and cooking on it
- Knots and tarp set up
- Rescuing a canoe filled with gear
- Camp site selection.
- Map and compass
- Intro to weather reading and prediction
- Wilderness safety topics
Paddle Canada or Recreational Canoe Associate of BC.
Contact us for further information on Canoe Camping.
Hear what folks are saying!
Just completed a fantastic Wilderness First Aid Course in Hope BC alongside the confluence of the Mighty Fraser and the Coquihalla Rivers. Class time was balanced well with outdoor settings and hands on experiential learning. The atmosphere was very supportive with good humour and smiles all around (even in the rain!). The mix of teaching styles ensured that all levels and types of learners absorbed and retained key information. Such a great way to learn skills and build confidence for personal hiking/backpacking/outings, as well as prep for taking groups into the outdoors. With Dave we were in good hands!