Wilderness Canoe Camping
Are you going on a trip soon and want to learn about camping, navigating, and cooking in the great outdoors in style? With this overnight session, you will learn all the great aspects that make day and overnight camping easy, accessible and incredibly fun!
Price per Person: $199.95 (meals included)
Group Rate (12+): $179.95
*Scouts and Guides discounts available.
- Contact us!
Groups only at this point
Making breakfast on a 5-day trip on the Fraser River.
Learn to camp with your canoe.
Basic or Intro Tandem or Solo Lake skills (certificate or personal confidence in your skills).
People that take this course
- Want go on an overnight or multi-day paddling trip
- Want to learn how to and what to cook while canoe camping
- Are looking for the natural progression day trips
- Want to know how to use a map and compass, start a fire and a variety of other key wilderness skills!
- Packing and loading gear
- Paddling a loaded canoe
- Paddling in mild wind and waves
- Outdoor kitchen set up and gear (we bring out a variety of stoves for you to try)
- Fire lighting and cooking on it
- Knots and tarp set up
- Rescuing a canoe filled with gear
- Camp site selection.
- Map and compass
- Intro to weather reading and prediction
- Wilderness safety topics
Paddle Canada or Recreational Canoe Associate of BC.
Contact us for further information on Canoe Camping.
Hear what folks are saying!
We spend all our time guiding others and playing outside. We have hands on experience in Wilderness First Aid and crisis situations. This makes us ideally suited to teach this course.
If you are thinking of taking a First Aid course and you spend any time outside, this course will make you feel more prepared. It will give you the skills to deal with all those potential problems.