About Ridge wilderness adventures
Canoe Tours and More
David Wooldridge, Owner doing what he loves, paddling a canoe!
We have 80 people on the Harrison River. What a beautiful day!
Jarrett Horton, one of our highly qualified guides on the Harrison River.
- Started Ridge Wilderness Adventures in 2005.
- Our programs run from 1 hour to a month, and everything in between
- We have a fleet of 2 34ft Montreal canoes, 1 29ft Langley, and 16 historic Voyageur Canoes to accommodate up to 210 participants on the water at one time.
- We have a variety of canoe models, including Clipper, Mad River and Old Town to offer lessons and adventures in the perfect canoe for you.
- We can feed groups up to 300 with a variety of menu options.
- We have taken approximately 60,000 participants out in our canoes.
- We are fully insured and operate above the industry standard for safety.
- Because of our commitment to excellent paddling and instruction, we are regularly hired to train other operators' guides and instructors.
- You will find us the best trained and qualified in our industry.
- Please see below how qualified we are to assist you.
Owner and Founder David Wooldridge:
- Master Canoe Instructor Trainer
- Canada's Lead Big Canoe Instructor Trainer
- Advanced Lake Water Canoe Instructor Trainer
- Advanced White Water Canoe Instructor Trainer
- Advanced Tripping Canoe Instructor Trainer
- Advanced Coastal Instructor Trainer
- Swift Water Rescue Technician
- An avid paddler since age 11
- Paddled and instructed all over Canada and the northwestern United States
- Has taught in England, Wales, China (Beijing and Shanghai), Northwestern United States, BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and the Northwest Territories.
- Ran the first-ever Paddle Canada Instructor Course in China.
- As near as we can tell, we run the most canoe courses and clinics for Paddle Canada.
- Former Big Canoe Course Development Committee Leader for Paddle Canada.
- Former executive member of Recreational Canoe Association of BC
- Wilderness First Aid Instructor Trainer
- Former Level 3 Occupational First Aid Instructor
- Standard and Emergency First Aid Instructor
- CPR Instructor
- Child Care Instructor
- Member of the Wilderness First Aid Technical Advisor Group of the Red Cross
- Teaches First Aid for the following BC Search and Rescue Teams: North Shore, Maple Ridge, Central Fraser Valley, TRAIL.
- Taught First Aid for the Department of Fisheries and Oceans
- Part of the Red Cross instructor trainer team working with BC RCMP on first aid equivalencies
- As near as we can tell, we are the top Wilderness First aid producer for the Red Cross.
- Intermediate Big Canoe Leader (nationally recognized)
- Standard First Aid (or higher on every trip)
- Lake Water Instructor for all tandem and solo canoe trips
- Ridge Wilderness Adventures specific and rigorous training
Additional Qualifications held by select guides
- Lakewater Canoe instructor
- Lakewater levels 3 and 4
- Swift Water Rescue Technician
- White Water Paddler, provincially recognized by the RCABC
- Wilderness First Aid
- Occupational First Aid
Hear what folks are saying!
I enjoyed the instant first aid training course and am happy that I was able to learn some useful skills to possibly save injured victims in future.
As an introduction of the program, I found the 2 hour lesson is a great way to get people interested in the course and motivated to consider taking the advance training course. It's an interesting,educational and experiential program.
The place where we were is a great place to be, surrounded by peaceful environment with a campground, the river and parks, and even Fort Langley National National Historic Site near by.
Thanks again for providing us with the opportunity to learn!