About Ridge wilderness adventures
Canoe Tours and More...
David Wooldridge, Owner doing what he loves, paddling a canoe!
We have 80 people on the Harrison River. What a beautiful day!
Jarrett Horton, one of our highly qualified guides on the Harrison River.
- Started Ridge Wilderness Adventures in 2005.
- Our programs run from 1 hour to a month, and everything in between
- We have a fleet of 2 34ft Montreal canoes, 1 29ft Langley,and 16 historic Voyageur Canoes to accomodate up to 210 participants on the water at one time.
- We have a variety of canoe models, including Clipper, Mad River and Old Town to offer lessons and adventures in the perfect canoe for you.
- We can feed groups up to 300 with a variety of menu options.
- We have taken approximately 60,000 participants out in our canoes.
- We are fully insured and operate above industry standard for safety.
- Because of our committment to excellent paddling and instruction, we are regularly hired to train other operators guides and instructors.
- You will find us the best trained and qualified in our industry.
- Please see below how qualified we are to assist you.
Owner and Founder David Wooldridge:
- Master Canoe Instructor Trainer
- Canada's Lead Big Canoe Instructor Trainer
- Advanced Lake Water Canoe Instructor Trainer
- Advanced White Water Canoe Instructor Trainer
- Advanced Tripping Canoe Instructor Trainer
- Advanced Coastal Instructor Trainer
- Swift Water Rescue Technician
- An avid paddler since age 11
- Paddled and instructed all over Canada and the northwestern United States
- Has taught in England, Wales, China (Beijjing and Shanghai) , Northwestern United States, BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and the Northwest Territories.
- Ran the first ever Paddle Canada Instructor Course in China.
- As near as we can tell, we run the most canoe courses and clinics for Paddle Canada.
- Former Big Canoe Course Development Committee Leader for Paddle Canada.
- Former executive member of Recreational Canoe Association of BC
- Wilderness First Aid Instructor Trainer
- Former Level 3 Occupational First Aid Instructor
- Standard and Emergency First Aid Instructor
- CPR Instructor
- Child Care Instructor
- Member of the Wilderness First Aid Technical Advisor Group of the Red Cross
- Teaches First Aid for the following BC Search and Rescue Teams: North Shore, Maple Ridge, Central Fraser Valley, TRAIL.
- Taught First Aid for the Department of Fisheries and Oceans
- Part of the Red Cross instructor trainer team working with BC RCMP on first aid equivalencies
- As near as we can tell, we are the top Wilderness First aid producer for the Red Cross.
- Intermediate Big Canoe Leader (nationally recognized)
- Standard First Aid (or higher on every trip)
- Lake Water Instructor for all tandem and solo canoe trips
- Ridge Wilderness Adventures specific and rigorous training
Additional Qualifications held by select guides
- Lakewater Canoe instructor
- Lakewater levels 3 and 4
- Swift Water Rescue Technician
- White Water Paddler, provincially recognized by the RCABC
- Wilderness First Aid
- Occupational First Aid
- Life Guard
Hear what folks are saying!
I would just like to compliment Dave on a well-organized and informative session, which made for a great learning experience. Dave's mix of hand’s on activities (letting us try and fail first) and his resulting humour were much appreciated. He also gave us insight into some aspects of first aid not in field guide – the reasons of how and why various procedures are carried out. Overall, I now feel a lot more comfortable in how I might deal will an incident in the field. I am sure my geology students at VIU will appreciate it one day!